Saturday, December 16, 2006

Drunks

"I fell in a bush last night."

"Yes you did."

"I think I fell on a wall, too."

"You fell on a couple things. You were singing in the parking lot, cursing at people and shit."

"Fuckin right I was."

"Do you remember me making fun of you?"

"Huh?"

"Yea. I did it for a while, and I told you that I was doing it now because it's the only time I could get away with it. I told you that you wouldn't remember."

"Nice. Well, I don't."

"Good."

I walk in the apartment, and they're trying to fix all the crap that we've collectively broken over the years. The ground is strewn with tools and screw guns and paint is everywhere. Justan starts talking to me.

"What happened to Harry last night?"

"He got a DUI, the dumb fuckin bastard."

"Where?"

"In Kearny."

"The fuck was he doing down there?"

"Who the fuck knows. He hit some guy, then took off. The cops picked him up later."

"Fuck."

"Yea."

"Isn't that a felony?"

"Don't know.

"Lot of bad shit happened this week man. Goron had a stroke."

"Get the fuck out. Isn't he like 25?

"Yea. Just woke up and his left side was numb. They can't find the clot yet."

Ryer's ghost looks over my shoulder, he's smiling at me.

"I think our bodies are rebelling against us, eh boyo?"

Justan smiles.

"Lotta hard livin man."



1 comment:

MeanDonnaJean said...

"It's more about living the life of a guy who drinks too much, takes too many chances, is disgusted with life, is extremely cynical, and expects to die at any moment from either a heart attack, lung cancer, or an aneurysm."

Oh my God...I think I've found my soulmate! ;-)