Monday, October 09, 2006

10 Reflections on the First Day of Training in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu

1. I am not in nearly as good shape as I thought I was.

2. I need to quit smoking because of my realization of #1.

3. I will never quit smoking because I love it too much, so #2 is bullshit.

4. I can punch harder than I thought I could, especially with my right hand (I'm a southpaw).

5. I am going to be hurting like a motherfucker tomorrow.

6. If Brazilian ju-jitsu wasn't so brutally violent, it would be the gayest looking thing in the world.

7. We powerlifters, bodybuilders, and strongmen are all strong in different ways. However, none of us compare in toughness to guys that are trained to break your limbs and leave you bloody on the ground.

9. Because of the above realization, I really want to learn BJJ.

10. Wondering where #8 went? Fuck you. It's my blog. I do what I want.

No comments: